[stella] Recording movies of games?

Subject: [stella] Recording movies of games?
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:12:38 -0400
Do any of the 2600 emulators allow you capture movies as an .avi
or .mpg etc.?  I've dug around in the stella archives, and through
the documentation for 3 different emulators, and haven't found
anything.  I'd even settle for hundreds of still screenshots if
I could be sure I was catching every frame - I don't think I can
consistently hit the = key 60 times a second in z26 :)

Specifically I'd like to capture a few sequences from Cosmic Ark,
where the ship dematerializes after being hit, and the dance of
the starfield - I'm trying to exactly simulate these effects on
another 8-bit platform.

Thanks!
--
Robin Harbron - macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx