[stella] Starship 1 Proof of concept

Subject: [stella] Starship 1 Proof of concept
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 02:34:56 +0200
Hi there!

I was just in *that* mood again. Boldly going where no
VCS programm has gone before... ;-)

Ok. Earlier today I updated MAME and played a few rounds
of Ataris Starship 1 arcade.

Having Ataris own 1/10 effort of Starship 1 in mind, I
thought how it possibly could be converted doing it more
justice. (The arcade is surprisingly cool!)

So I dug out Eckhards old "Move This!" and experimented
a little.

Well, the result is attached. As you see, one could do
Starship 1 with really _big_ enemy ships...

Please forgive the crapiness of the starfield and the
occasional crash. It's just a proof of concept.

BTW: It's a proof of concept for a Seawolf 2 port with
big enemy ships as well :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel