Re: [stella] 1K entry

Subject: Re: [stella] 1K entry
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:36:07 +0200
Hi Kirk!

>I wasn't sure how to make a 2K rom though, rather than
>the usual 4. Also I'm not sure about

It's ok to submit a 2K or 4K ROM, if only 1K is used and
the rest is zeros.

> "Use the first 1024/4096 bytes of the cartridge, fill
> the rest with 0s, and don't use the 0s as data (or
> code, but I don't know what a lot of BRK would be good
> for)."

That is a *bug* in the description. One obviously can't
follow this instruction, since you need the startup
vectors. :-)

Try this at the top of your source:

	ORG $F800
	ORG $FC00

Now the first 4 pages of the ROM should be zeros and the
last 4 should contain the 1024 bytes of your game.

That would be a valid 1K entry in a 2K binary.

Greetings,
	Manuel