Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600

Subject: Re: [stella] new project; fpga2600
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:10:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Carlos,

I won't address every point here, but this one I can't resist.  Heh.

> I won't discuss the limits among software, firmware
> and hardware. If you consider VHDL design software,
> fine. It's a thin line these days anyway :)

It depends on what you're doing!  (I design chips)  But yes, you
have a good point.  :P

[big snip]

Now, what I really wanted was to clarify my previous post.

In short (very short)...
Point 1.  If you are holding back your knowledge, especially
in this group, people will wonder why.  And rightly so.
Point 2.  In this group or any other, a person's work is their own.
They have every right to keep it private.  So deal.

Someone pointed out to me that my post sounded one sided against Carlos.
That person was right.  I'm sorry Carlos.  I really meant to cover both
sides equally.  I was in a hurry and didn't take the time to edit it like
I wanted to.

All I wanted to do was address both side of the argument, so that everyone
here could think about it.  I failed.  I'll just go play a Mythicon game
to attone.

-Chris