Re: [stella] 11 Invaders "Reloaded"

Subject: Re: [stella] 11 Invaders "Reloaded"
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:13:27 +0100
John wrote:
> I don't have anything against the early HMOVE tricks, I was just hoping
> there was a way to do it that didn't depend on the platform.  Something
> universal.  Then we don't think about it like a hardware bug or
> something.  If it is universal then it is a reliable feature.  Know what
> I mean?

Yup, I finally got you. :-)

> If you can do this then fine.  I was just hoping for it to be a little
> more simple.

I would like to make it simplier too. I really love simplyfying and my
resulting code is as simple as possible. Only the basic idea is complicated.

And I can't think of any other solution now. Actually only using this very
special code made my demo possible at all.

As I have explained in my previous mail, the problem is, that I have to
do up to two RESPx and a HMOVE at the end of the preceding scanline.
And then it is important that the HMOVE influences the resulting position
of those two RESPx. So I have to do the RESPx very (too) soon after the
HMOVE.

And though I sometimes could do one RESPx immediately *before* HMOVE
instead, this would still conflict.

Sorry, but I am afraid you may have to update your emu. ;-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen http://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130