Re: [stella] question for z26 authors...frame timing

Subject: Re: [stella] question for z26 authors...frame timing
From: John Saeger <johnws8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Dec 2003 11:01:37 -0800
On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 22:20, ecwilkso@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Got it.  So you actually measure the fps instead of computing it based on
> scanline count (or some other quantity)?  How do you measure the time?
> What's the process you're using?  (remember I'm not a software guy, so keep
> it high level if you can. ;)

I think we just ask SDL what time it is.  Kinda boring.  On dos it was
much more interesting.  There was a timer chip with registers and
interrupt flags and stuff like that.  I used to know it by heart.  No
more...

> Heh...only if it compiles and decompiles properly.  ;)  And only if there's
> a runtime option for which machine to compile it to.  After all...if it's
> written in Perl, it should be able to run on almost any architecture, including
> Atari 8-bits...right?  :P

Or just embed it in a web page.  Like those color demos.  I wonder if it
would work?

John