Re: [stella] Seawolf: Day Nine

Subject: Re: [stella] Seawolf: Day Nine
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:55:39 +0100
Hi there!

> At the horizion the switch of the colors isn't as
> immediate as at the sea, because the old color is
> repeated by a single line again making the color
> gradients looking smoother. Maybe you could use this
> trick in the sea too.

Unfortunately that's far from trivial. Most parts of the
screen display are not WSYNC'd. And those that are, are
not only used up to the last cycle, but it's also tough
to work here, as even smallest changes may (and will)
break something.

By sacrificing some scannlines and some more ROM it
should be doable somehow though. I just don't think it's
worth it. :-)

>> I'm almost done with Final Fantasy Tactics now (I'm
>> on mission 183/310), so development might speed up a
>> bit soon. :-)

> Hm, don't you have a job too? ;-)

I'm starting to work again at the beginning of
frebruary.

:)

Greetings,
	Manuel