Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:29:34 -0600
Hello!

On Feb 22, 2004, at 5:13 PM, Manuel Rotschkar wrote:
"A/V mod" is short for "Audio/Video mod", where you give your 2600 the ability to output discrete audio and video signals, generally resulting in better picture and sound. :)

Aha. So you need an extra Hifi system, to get to hear something? Or a TV with SCART connector?

You need a television or monitor that supports the composite (and/or s-video) and audio inputs, or an A/V Receiver that has them. Any modern television will have these inputs, as do many older monitors such as the venerable Commodore 1702.

Well, back to Glenns original question, the CC is the first and only cartridge that does a TV signal this bad for me, so even if I had known about such a mod, I wouldn't have needed it before buying the CC. Since my Atari does a way better picture with all other cartridges, it seems more natural to seek the problem with the one troublesome cartridge, than with the console, or? :-)

I'll leave that question to the RF-interference experts. :)

..Al

Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!