RE: [stella] JoustPong: more exciting than ever!

Subject: RE: [stella] JoustPong: more exciting than ever!
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 25 Feb 2004 03:24:16 -0000
My retardedness is not quite ended.

(Though I think
I found part of the bug that was driving me so apesh*t last
night; I was using
  VarName+1
but accidentally had set it up as
Varname ds 1
--that don't work so good  (reserving only one byte,
for those not used to reserving RAM like that))

My first efforts to integrating Paul's great kernal
show a lot of promise, but now I'm again weirdly stumped;
he's doing some stuff I don't understand with stack restoration
and what not, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's
moving the shared P0 graphic between the title kernal and
the game itself...Paul's careful positiong works great for
the title screen, I then take care to zero out HMP0, "just
in case", and I can't find any calls to RESP0 or HMP0 after
that...but P0 has shifted, which of course messes up the timing
of what's displayed when and where...

Source at http://alienbill.com/joustpong/20040323.source.txt

Gah.  I'm such a perpetual n00b sometimes.

Thanks if you can take a look at this!