Re: [stella] finalish joustpong feedback

Subject: Re: [stella] finalish joustpong feedback
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:48:16 +0100
> Still wish I knew why the music (and I think, the entire framerate)
> goes NUTS when the user hits select to return to the main game
> in Z26.

I've tried the newest version of your game with z26, but no matter
in what situation I press SELECT, the game always goes to the normal
title screen for me. Maybe you could tell me which version of z26
you are using and what command line switches you start it with. Also
it would be good to know what OS and computer setup you are running
z26 on.

BTW, your title screen seems to be doing 265 scanlines per frame.
Doing an odd number of scanlines can cause colour loss on PAL
systems. If you don'tplan to do a special PAL version for Joustpong,
maybe you could fix this in the NTSC version.

> But, seemes fine on a 2600 :-)
> (though Z26 is weirdly much more forgiving when you forget to
> put a # in front of a numeric constant, I don't know if it
> initialzies memory more than the real thing or what.)

Yes, the zeropage memory in z26 gets initialized to $00 at
startup. If you try your game on a Supercharger, the memory
will be in whatever state the loading routine leaves it, when
the game gets control over the VCS.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg