Re: [stella] INV again, almost final version - inv33104.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] INV again, almost final version - inv33104.bin
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:23:50 +0200
Erik Mooney wrote:
> I think it's actually done now, with the exception of proper PAL support
> which I'm going to look into.

What kind of PAL support are you going to implement? PAL-60 (just
corrected colors), simple PAL-50 (colors and 50Hz, slower game play)
or complete PAL-50 (colors, 50Hz, game speed adjustments)?

For a complete PAL-50 conversion you would need "fractional addition
techniques" and then you may be also able to fine tune the NTSC speeds
too.

> The other thing it still might want is a better title?  Or does everyone
> know it as INV by now so I should just leave it at that?

IMO you should keep the main title, maybe call it e.g. INV+.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |