Re: [stella] INV again, almost final version - inv33104.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] INV again, almost final version - inv33104.bin
From: "Erik Mooney" <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:10:59 -0600
Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Erik Mooney wrote:
> > I was planning on simple PAL-50.
>
> Please don't. That's IMO the worst solution, even PAL-60 is
> better then.

Really?  I thought the slower gameplay would be preferable to causing problems on some TVs.  Most users would never even notice the speed, but they'll certainly notice if the picture rolls.  I'm open to implementing it whichever way seems better to PAL users.

Is it possible to split the difference and run at 55 FPS?  Will that preserve most of the gameplay speed while remaining within the range of tolerance for most PAL TVs?

Too bad the Color-B/W switch isn't three-state so the cartridge could just have both PAL-50 and PAL-60 options.  Although, I could probably even implement that anyway.  Normally, you get PAL-50 with slower gameplay, but if you hold the joystick button while switching the switch to B/W you get PAL-60.  What would you think of that?