Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe - 12 Rows + 5 Columns + Black keys

Subject: Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe - 12 Rows + 5 Columns + Black keys
From: Happy_Dude <happy_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:36:09 +1000
Now I'v implemented the Black keys. The game is almost playable.
There are still problems with the key generator handeling Black pegs
(Damn you  #$00)
so if the first peg of the first row is left black the keys will be wrong.

The key guide:
Blank - No correct pegs
1 - one correct
2 - two correct
3 - three correct
4 - four correct
8 - You win (but nothing happens ;-) )

Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
> You are having one problem now, because you are creating too many *visible*
> scanlines. The upper limit is around 200 scanlines (the Stella guide
> suggests 192).
Hopefully I'v fixed that with this bin. I'v decreased the lines in the cursor
routine. I might use Player 1 for white pegs now.

> Maybe instead of using extra lines for the cursor, you could simply use
> brighter/ blinking colors to highlight the currently selected pet.
. This sounds like a great idea and will take less logic than the cursor
Thanks :-D
I have to fix the colour values anyway looks to dark and the Orange and Brown
are too similar

One question:
Do the Graphics and tables count towards the 1k ?

I'v checked the scanlines on this one (rebooted to windows to use z26 :-( )
It's generating 262 scanlines and video mode 1 displays the whole screen.