RE: [stella] Reflex: Source of PAIN!

Subject: RE: [stella] Reflex: Source of PAIN!
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 5 Apr 2004 14:27:32 -0000
> inside of a circle.  When I know it's a steering wheel, I see what kind
> of wheel you're trying to get at, but... (not sure what you meant when
> you were talking gran prix)

<smacks forehead>
Oh, by Gran Prix you mean the car that's on the driving controller?
(heh, that would probably be a straightforward controller hack)
I think steering wheel is a stronger concept since it's a more direct
mapping, and better parallels the joystick-as-icon.  A car thrown
into the mix...eh, I'd guess that it makes someone think "racing game" not "driving controller".

And don't beat yourself up too much about focusing the "niggling
details" even when you still have biggish gameplay issues....
presentation counts for a lot in a homebrew, and your core game
is solid enough now that no one's gonna think you're a "nifty
title screen and that's it" kind of coder wannabe. (Not so much
on the 2600, but on other systems I've come up with a sweet
title screen and not much else.)

"The time has come," the walrus said, / "To speak of manic things,
 Of shots and shouts, and sealing dooms / Of commoners and kings."--Thurber