[stella] got my homebrew idea!

Subject: [stella] got my homebrew idea!
From: Darrell Spice <dspice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:32:05 -0500
My side job's slowed up a bit and I found out that somebody's already working on an updated port of Stella for the Mac. So I decided to start work on my homebrew this weekend. Since Anthony Davies is already doing Rally-X, I needed to come up with a new idea. I had an inspiration today while doing my yardwork.

You're flying a dragon fighting thread, err, umm, something like thread. Don't want any legal problems with Mrs. McCaffrey :-)

The controls will be a joystick in the left plug and a numeric pad in the right. The joystick to fly you around, the fire button to flame attack. The numeric pad is used to quickly teleport to different sections of the screen. The top 9 buttons will correspond to 9 locations in the air, while the bottom 3 will take you to sections on the ground for "refueling". The bottom of the screen would be green farmland that get scorched as the "stuff" falls on it. Game over if all the farmland is scored, or if you loose all your lives.

While Pern has you associated with a single dragon, I thought I'd color your dragon based on the difficulty level. White would be highest.

For bonus rounds, I thought it might be fun to "feed the dragon". Swooping down on the herds and all. Moooooo.