Re: [stella] Announce: z26 on Linux!

Subject: Re: [stella] Announce: z26 on Linux!
From: John Saeger <johnws8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:18:59 -0700
On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 20:18, Stephen Anthony wrote:

> In the current Stella code, changing fragment size and/or sample rate
> makes the sound generation go way off.  This shouldn't happen, and it
> doesn't happen in z26.  If you read my previous message, I'm looking
> for the 'magic' code that let z26 work correctly.

I hear you.  And I feel your pain.  Over the years, I've spent many
man-months of time trying to get sound to work.  Even the SDL stuff,
although much easier than DOS, wasn't exactly trivial.  But in the end,
I don't know where the *magic* is.  When it works, it works.

Do you have a sound queue in your Linux version?  Does that work?

John