[stella] Sprites - Questions to games programmers

Subject: [stella] Sprites - Questions to games programmers
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 15:12:00 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

First thanks a lot to Eckhard  & Thomas for their
explanations about missile and ball :-)

Some questions to games programmers :

Updating Sprites graphics every scanline is great and
gives very fine graphics but of course it cost a lot
of precious cycles.

I looked carefully at some vcs games pictures and it
seems that the sprite resolution suggest the graphics
are updated every 2 scanlines.

I'am wrong ?

If I'm not, I'd like to know if it's a common practice
? Is the reason is to reserve some cycles to make
extra things ?

Usually, what are you doing in your own games (are you
updating the sprites datas every 1, 2 or more
scanlines ?). What is your advice about that to write
an effective kernal ?

Thanks !

(out of subject)
Manuel, I'am sorry to learn you had problems with your
motherboard : very sad new :-(

Take care,
Chris