Re: Aw: [stella] Space Savers

Subject: Re: Aw: [stella] Space Savers
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 21:42:38 +0200
> Yeah, the 7800 was the best I could come up with, but who knows?  Maybe it
> doesn't have the hardward interrupt used?  I don't know the
architecture....

The 7800 does use interrupts. You can ask the MARIA to generate
an interrupt when certain scanlines have been processed. Also
the IRQ line is brought out on the cartridge port. And since the
7800 starts 2600 games from it's BIOS where it has plenty of
opportunities to mess up the console's state, it would be best
to initialize anything that your code relys on in your 2600
game.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg