Odp: [stella] My second game

Subject: Odp: [stella] My second game
From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:10:01 +0200
> Huh, kinda neat...and original, which is always a plus in my book.
>
> Is any magic except heal implemented?  I guess I wasn't crazy about
> the 2nd controller idea, I think the hack and slash angle is more fun.

Yes it is, but you must find it. On some levels at the bottom middle of the
screen
appears a symbol, which means you will be given a spell after finishing this
level. There's fireball spell and invulnerability spell.

> Would you ever consider "attack while jumping" or would that make it
> too easy? I could envision this a great game, jumping a lot, rushing
> to get around, the bad guys getting more reactive, more proactive, and
> generally faster...I don't like how they guard edges though.

They're faster on the higher levels, and it gets really difficult when they
begin shooting and get invisible for most of the time. What does 'to guard
edge' mean? (sorry, my english is not perfect...)

> Still a lot of glitches...graphical, once I got killed and my sprite
> was messed up for a while...and also it's too easy to accidentally
> jump twice when you just want to dodge the creature on the level
> you're landing on...maybe make them let go of the joystick before
> registering the second jump?

Thanks!!! I will work on it...

> I liked having a variety of creatures, even more would be
> better...maybe even mixing them up one screen?

Ooops.... that would need to completely change the kernel... but I'll think
about it.

> Anyway, I think this idea has a lot of potential, looking forward to
> seeing where it goes...

Thanks for your post!!!

Maciej