RE: [stella] Another kernel is rolling

Subject: RE: [stella] Another kernel is rolling
From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:11:43 -0400
Hi Aaron,

> Besides the rolling problem, the AtariVox stuff needs some more work - I
> kind of assumed the thing's memory would be initially zero-filled, but it
> evidently isn't...

I hate to report this but the VSYNC in 9 bytes posted by Edwin may be the
problem :-(

I ran 2 versions on my 7800 via CC2, one with the old VSYNC routine and
another with Edwin's routine. The title screen synced fine with the old
VSYNC routine. When I used the one from Edwin, that's presently in the
macro.h file, the title screen didn't sync properly.

The weird thing is this only happened on the title screen so some more
research is needed. It may be something else as the screen can sync fine
when the game is playing.

Has anyone else run this routine on real hardware?

Take care,
Dennis