Re: [stella] VCS C programming

Subject: Re: [stella] VCS C programming
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:24:29 -0400
>I have doubts as to whether this would do better than a good peephole
>optimizer for the 6502.
>
>The 6502 instruction set is fairly small and orthagonal; there just aren't
>that many different ways to do most of the things that people are going to
>want to do.

This may be true, but I'd like to see one anyway, as it reportedly produces
clever code (one report claims the use of decimal mode in a bit operation
for instance) and I would like to see one that implements all of the obscure
illegal opcodes, so maybe it can find a practical use for some that nobody
has thought of yet.