Re: [stella] Announcing "webTune2600"

Subject: Re: [stella] Announcing "webTune2600"
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:38:41 -0400
Doug Dingus wrote:

> I don't think that would get it done either. The cycle time varies with
> pitch. I pasted one cycle of one frequency in with another into an audio
> editor, then copied that to build up a second or two of audio. Too many
> timing problems at the 2600 speed. When I wrote cycle, I meant one audio
> cycle, followed by the other one. CPU cycles just don't match up.

How about setting up a timer for each wave. Plus mixing both frequencies?

E.g.
- enable 400 Hz for ~2500 cycles (assuming 1Mhz)
- enable 450 Hz for ~2222 cycles

So you wait (almost) exactly one wave and then switch to the other
one. And then mixing 400Hz and 450Hz e.g. 1:4 to get 440Hz.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |