[stella] assembly syntax

Subject: [stella] assembly syntax
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:45:12 -0400
At the time the original Stella CD was released we
didn't get permission to include DASM so Jim used a
creaky assembler called ASM6502.

The listings that are on the CD use that assembler's
syntax and will not assemble with DASM.

I'd like to do a DASM syntax conversion of all the
sourcecode on the CD and then offer that to everyone
to help jumpstart the contest.

Right now I'm trying to run the DEMO16 program.  I'm
including the two source files here, the original and
my partial conversion.  I know that part of the
problem is that I think that ASM6502 is not
case-sensitive.  I was able to resolve the symbol
problems by switching all the VCS equates to
uppercase.  But I can't figure out how this works:

	dc.b	TEXTLINES[0]

and this won't work:

MACRO	space
	dc.b	5[0]
ENDM

Could someone assist?

I remember running the 16-character demo.  It was very
impressive, but I don't think it's ever been posted to
the list.

At one point I tried to get Jim to make a scrolling
text routine I could use to actually do the end
credits for Stella at 20.  I believe that's why he
made this.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-zip which had a name of DEMO16.zip]