RE: document() runs out of memory

Subject: RE: document() runs out of memory
From: Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:57:33 -0500
OK, thanks for trying.

> Can someone confirm that the XSL segment I included in my initial post
will read in each file, one at a time, process it and then read in the next
without creating a huge union of all of the file contents?

Well, it does not create a union.  But, Xalan stuffs the documents in a
hashtable right now, and keeps it around until the processing is done.  It
really ought to keep them in a limited LRU pool.  If you are using the
Xerces DOM liaison, this will be more expensive because it will create a
full DOM each time.

It's open source, so if you want to work with us to put in a LRU pool, we
would be glad to help.  You could also install your own version of the
Document function.

-scott

                    Brad Sommerfeld
                    <bsommerfeld@xxxxxxx>        To:     "'Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx'" <Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                     cc:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber        Subject:     RE: document() runs out of memory
                    rytech.com

                    03/21/00 05:21 PM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

I just tried the Xalan 1.0.0 version with the same results.  I'm not
convinced the issue is the processor as much as the XSL that I have
constructed.

Can someone confirm that the XSL segment I included in my initial post will
read in each file, one at a time, process it and then read in the next
without creating a huge union of all of the file contents?

Also, I tried the code suggested by Myriam and it wouldn't parse with a
reference to a variable within the variable declaration.