[xsl] Re: Could the value of the select attribute of a xsl:param element be redefined?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Could the value of the select attribute of a xsl:param element be redefined?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:11:23 -0800 (PST)

>         However; when returing to xsl file, the select value is shown
> unchanged,i.e.,1 ,why?

1. You've made a very basic error -- this dom manipulation must be
carried out ***before*** you invoke transformNode()

>From the above citation it seems obvious that you're calling this
script from within the stylesheet -- this is wrong -- you're performing
the changes on another, newly created instance of your parsed
stylesheet -- when the script returns it dies away.

2. You haven't provided any details of your code -- nobody can even
guess what you were actually doing.

Remember the recommendation, that in your case a simple xsl:choose
element is the best solution.

Dimitre.