Re: [xsl] efficient XML & XSL -> HTML solution

Subject: Re: [xsl] efficient XML & XSL -> HTML solution
From: Kip Hampton <khampton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:53:33 -0500
Sher,

You may also want to have a look at AxKit [1]. It is similar to Cocoon
in many respects and features a pretty robust caching mechanism. I've
been using it for some time, and I really like it.

HTH,

[1] http://axkit.org/

-kip

skhurshid@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
> I need an efficient solution for putting together XML & XSL
> and serving it out as HTML. It seems like the most efficient
> way would be to generate static HTML from the XML & XSL
> and then serve it out from my Web Server. Or I could use
> mod_xslt for Apache or Cocoon to put these together dynamically
> (i.e. just before the page is served out).
> Since I don't need to put them together dynamically, I'm reluctant
> to do this. On the other hand it would be nice not to have
> to generate the html every time the XML or XSL changes.
> Has anyone tried mod_xslt ? How efficient is it (compared to
> serving straight HTML) ? Does it use caching to speed things
> up (perhaps check the timestamp on the XML & XSL files instead
> of blindly generating the HTML for every request) ?
> Thanks :-)
> -Sher

"Perl was written first of all to let the Artist make amoral decisions."
- Larry Wall