[xsl] XSL/XSP formatting problem

Subject: [xsl] XSL/XSP formatting problem
From: "Jay" <blueegg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:36:41 -0800
I'm using tomcat/cocoon on an NT box trying to process XML through two
separate XSLT processes.
The first process uses XSP to create XML that is used by a second XSLT
process.

The result of the first process is creating an element (<test2>) which
contains a number of other elements (<a>), which are all to be used as <a
href="blahblah">blah</a> tags.

Using XSP to dynamically create these <a> tags, I get the following string:

href="go.xml?id=3">c</a></test2>

and the <a> elements in <test2> are being ignored by my xsl stylesheet.

If I create an xml file by hand and format it such:

<test2>
</test2>

then my xsl stylesheet handles it fine.

I assume something happens in the resultant XML string produced by XSP that
is keeping my xsl from formatting it properly.

Any ideas why.  Or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Jay