Re: [xsl] ordering and iteration problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] ordering and iteration problem
From: Mark Nahabedian <naha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:07:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Dan Diebolt writes:

 > If you are low on nodes, why can't you take your random-nodes from
 > both the stylesheet and source XML document?
 >
 > xsl:variable name="random-nodes"
 >    select="document('')//node()|//node()" />

I know that the source XML document has enough nodes since the
elements that I need to use the random nodes iteration hack for is a
subset of it.  I don't know for sure if the XSLT transform document
will have enough nodes.  I was just wondering why this "design
pattern" was typically described using "document('')//node()" when
"//node()" seemed to be more correct.

[...]