Re: [xsl] problem with name="type" in html input tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem with name="type" in html input tag
From: Jo Bourne <venus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 23:58:38 +1000
Hi Dan,

what you have described is exactly what is expected, but it is not what is happening with cocoon... not if we have the value of name="type" anyway, but it works normally for every other value of the name attribute we have tried.

we tried running the transformation through xalan only today, as trevor suggested, and that also produced very strange results.... so I think there may be a bug in xalan or cocoon where it doesn't like copying over an input tag with name="type" and type="hidden". though as trevor also said it does seem strange that cocoon would fail to work with one particular attribute value only...

cheers
Jo

At 6:46 AM -0700 13/5/01, Dan Diebolt wrote:
>Your first template rule:
>
>  <xsl:template match="the_item">
>
>outputs:
>
>  <input type="hidden" name="storytype" value="54"/>
>
>And your second template rule:
>
>  <xsl:for-each select="*[@type!='input_hidden' and @type!='buttons' and
>  @type!='scripts' and @type!='small_popup' and @type!='other_creator']">
>
>outputs:
>
> Feature
>
>I think that is what you want, so I can't confirm you problem using
>either MSXML3 or Saxon. I also changed back and forth with the attribute
>name "storyType" and "type" with no difference in behavior.
>
>I note howver, that your key defintion is missing. Could you post self
>contained code or give it another try? Most likely something is different
>between what your are testing and what you posted.
>
>Regards,
>
>Dan

Jo Bourne
Virtual Artists Pty Ltd