Re: [xsl] Re: compiled stylesheets was Re: Re: RE: creating a string of repeated charactors

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: compiled stylesheets was Re: Re: RE: creating a string of repeated charactors
From: "cutlass" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:33:42 +0100
this is definately off topic,

but i wonder what we will be saying if/when (  there are now about a dozen
operating worldwide at the moment )quantum computers become commercial
reality....

maybe efficient coding is an artiface( analogous to our use of assignment
statements and gotos once were when making the functional programming
leap..) born through limitations of our current hardware ( not to mention
having only 10 fingers for inputting ), maybe we will find that through
incredibly complicated, error ridden, poorly constructed, trillion line
programs we will find richer and greater expressions of functionality.

i suspect that programmers will turn into farmers soon enough.

cheers, jim fuller