RE: [xsl] General Searching query

Subject: RE: [xsl] General Searching query
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:01:17 -0000
Ive had a look at dbXML and it looks good... however, it uses JDK1.3 and a
requirement is we must use the Microsoft VM that ships with IE. (we cannot
add anything that alters the clients setup)

The XML files are simply in a folder, and not in any kind of database.  So I
guess Im now asking:

-Is it possible to search a standard folder on a clients hard disk of around
10,000 XML files (10k each), using the Microsoft VM and MSXML2.5 (possibly
3) in a reasonable amount of time?

>>If the source is marked up sufficiently well, you could index off it.

The XML is generated from SGML... if that is sufficiently well(?)

If you do have any ideas, please be give me a good start :)

cheers

andrew