Re: [xsl] appendig to multiple output files

Subject: Re: [xsl] appendig to multiple output files
From: "Michael Wiedmann" <michael.wiedmann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:42:57 +0100
Bryan Rasmussen wrote:
> of course you should probably put a tag around xsl:copy and
> xsl:apply-templates
> like
> <document><xsl:copy-of select="$input"/>
> <xsl:apply-templates/></document>
> of course then what you probably want to do is to get rid of all the excess
> document tags that get output each time you copy, if I understand correctly
> that you want a document that can be appended to.

Let me try to clarify my intention:

- given an XML file for which I don't have direct influence for the
  markup / DTD used

- out of this XML file I want to generate in a *single* transformation
  process two separate, completely different output files (method="text")

  <xsl:template match="oneelement">
    <!--  output for the "main" document -->

    <!-- output for second document
         this generates the second file     -->
    <xsl:document method="text" href="somefilename">
      <xslvalue-of select="content"/>

    <xsl:apply-templates select="anotherelement"/>

  <xsl:template match="anotherelement">
    <!-- more output *appended* to main document -->
    <xsl-value-of select="..."/>

    <!-- here I want to append output to the second document
         but cannot find a way to append to already created
         file  because it gets overwritten here       -->

    <!-- this does obvioulsy not work!  ->
    <xsl:docmument method="text" href="somefilename">
      <xsl:value-of select="some content"/>

It looks like there is missing an attribute like "overwrite" (yes|no)
for <xsl:docmument>.

Of course I could run two separate transformation processes - but this
isn't elegant...

office:  michael.wiedmann@xxxxxxxxx
private: mw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx