Re: Re[2]: [xsl] appendig to multiple output files

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [xsl] appendig to multiple output files
From: Trevor Nash <tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:10:19 +0000
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:39:39 +0100, Pierre Duhem <ls.duhem@xxxxxxxxxx>

>I'm new to this list and rather new to XML/XSL too.
When posting to the list, please don't just reply to any old message:
make a new message and give it a subject relevant to your question.

>I'm now designing a production chain, from raw text to all kind of
>formatted outputs, and my idea is to create a XML file somewhere on
>this chain.
>I have problems about how to manage footnotes in this text. Could
>somebody point me to a Web page or archive where such matter is
>already handled? Does somebody has an idea on how to format the XML?
I'm sure there must be something in the FAQ - follow the link at the
foot of the message.  There are many tools and frameworks which
already do this kind of thing, for example Docbook (
is something I use to get HTML and PDF with footnotes, indexes etc.

>Ideally, we would have
><note>Text of the note</note>
>The problem is that we would like to have a transformation giving
>blahblahblah* blahblahblah
>* Text of the note
Not a problem, that is the way to do it.

>Does this ring a bell?
>Thanks in advance.

Trevor Nash
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx