[xsl] XPath iteration?

Subject: [xsl] XPath iteration?
From: Derek Davies <ddavies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:12:45 -0400
Hi,

I'm sorry if this question is inappropriate here, but I haven't found
a more appropriate place to ask, nor have I found a FAQ that addresses
my question.

I'm trying to come up with an XPath expression that will "iterate".
What I have in mind is something to the effect of:

      /Root/SomeNode[position()!=position(/Root/SomeNode)]

which would compare each SomeNode against all other SomeNode's except
itself (there are multiple SomeNode children of /Root).

I don't want to explicitly enumerate the SomeNode's.  I have a feeling
this isn't possible in XPath (I know it's trivial with XSL).

Would someone care to shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,
Derek