RE: [xsl] Word Highlighting

Subject: RE: [xsl] Word Highlighting
From: Paul Terray <terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 14:51:08 +0100
At 11:25 05/11/2002 +0200, you wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

[snip]

[re-snip]

Which processor are you using? Entities will not generate separate text nodes in the data model, il.e. a text node never has an immediately following or preceding sibling that is a text node - see <http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#section-Text-Nodes>.

MSXML 3.0 and 4.0 exhibit this behavior. Perhaps is it linked to my entity definition :
<!ENTITY eacute "&#38;#x00E9;">

Anyhow, if you have to use a product which creates several text as you described, your problem becomes a grouping problem: process only the first (or last) text node in a group of consecutive text nodes, and there combine the consecutive text nodes into a RTF, and pass that to "marquage" template.

How to combine them ? I tried <xsl:variable name="l_mycontent" select=".|./following-sibling::text()"/>

with no success : when I address $l_my content (like <xsl:value-of select="$l_mycontent"/>), I only get the first text() node...

Cheers,

Jarno

Paul TERRAY - Ingénieur Systèmes Documentaires
4Dconcept
Centre d'affaires - 22, rue Etienne de Jouy
78353 Jouy en Josas CEDEX
Tel. 01 34 58 70 70 - Fax. 01 39 46 06 90
email : terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx