Re: [xsl] methods of converting an xml string to xml nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] methods of converting an xml string to xml nodes
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 17:40:29 +0200
Joseph Kesselman wrote:

>I'm using xalan processor. And what I need is to convert
>an xml string to xml nodes so it can be read from stylesheet.

Write an extension function which invokes an XML parser to convert the string to DOM nodes, return the top-level node or a DOM NodeList to Xalan, and it'll be treated as an XSLT nodeset.

Or alternatively one can write URIResolver, which can take the string as part of a URI and parse it. This looks a little bizarre, but at least it doesn't depend on the particular processor implementation, but works with all jaxp-aware ones.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team