Re: [xsl] Attribute Value Template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Attribute Value Template
From: "David B. Bitton" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 09:10:12 -0500
Based on the responses, I'm changing the model. This leads to my next question. Can I pass node-set (XmlElement) into an XslTransform by way of an XslArgument in C#? Than I can use Simon Woodside's suggestion. I will then pick off the value from the nodeset based on the value coming from the XML.

Thanks. :)

Michael Kay wrote:
and then pulling a value from an xsl:variable with the same name as the data that came from the XML.

Any ideas? :)

how would you do it in C?

Variable names exist only at compile time, you can't manipulate them as
strings at run time.

Change your data structure. Instead of having three variables called $x,
$y, and $z, have a single variable $a whose value is a tree containing
elements x, y, and z. Then you can use path expressions (and, if
necessary, the xx:node-set() extension) to access the components of the
value dynamically.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx