RE: [xsl] Is substring -before cyclic in nature?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is substring -before cyclic in nature?
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:55:53 -0400
[ Leena Kulkarni]

> I am using substring-before on
>
> <tag>Value is 10</tag>
> <tag>This Value is 10</tag>
> <tag>Check for Value</tag>
>
> like this -
> substring-before(.,'Value')
>
> In the first case
> <tag>Value is 10</tag>
>
> I am getting the result as - Value is 10
> I am expecting to get nothing here.
> Does substring-before behave cyclic if the
> value is found at the start of the string?

It does not behave as you say, which I have found by test and  Dimitre
as well.  That makes me think that you are seeing the results of the
built-in default template rather than of your own template.  In turn,
that would mean that you are not actually invoking your own template at
all.  If you have not already figured out how to get what you want, you
should include your stylesheet (or its relevant parts if it is long) and
the xml file your were using to test it.

Cheers,

Tom P