Re: [xsl] A Question **TO** XSLT Newbies

Subject: Re: [xsl] A Question **TO** XSLT Newbies
From: Andrew Watt <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:40:19 +0100
At 07:28 21/04/2003 -0700, you wrote:
I'd suggest separating point 3 into two subpoints:

3a. *How* will I get the data?
3b. How will I channel that data into the output?

In my short experience with XSLT, point 3a was the
difficult part. I knew what data I wanted, but didn't
know at the time how to get to it. That's especially a
difficulty if one is not in control of the format of
the data source.

An interesting suggestion. Thanks.

Can you dissect out whether your problem was in mastering XPath syntax/concepts or how XPath fits with the flow among XSLT templates?

To put it explicitly, is 3a having a problem with XPath? Primarily? Or not as simple as that?

Easy for me to ask the question, I know. Maybe much harder to answer.

Andrew Watt