Re: [xsl] Including inc files in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Including inc files in xsl
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:51:19 -0800

At 2004-01-23 13:26 -0800, Archana Rao wrote:

Let me put my question this way, is there a way to
include a file(not xml) in xsl?

First, are you sure you don't want to simply make an Server Side Include? (your webserver needs to be set to do this)

If not, you can use (with java) a custom URIResolver to do some preprocessing to ensure it is well-formed. This could be quite a task depending on the contents of the *.inc file. I would bet you simply need to create something like:

<!--#include virtual="myinclude.inc"-->

or:

<xsl:comment>#include virtual="myinclude.inc"</xsl:comment>

best,
-Rob