Re: [xsl] xslt processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt processors
From: Dusan Zatkovsky <zatkovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 18:30:02 +0200
On Thursday 30 of September 2004 16:29, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> xsltproc.

I will extend this question.

Does anybody know some other and fast xslt processors written in c/c++
except xalan and xsltproc for linux?

I have this problem:

I want to transform big xml documents to text data.

Situation:

xml size=2MB
XalanC transforms it ok, but speed is 4-5 times slower than xsltproc.
Parsing/transforming time is 1:2. So when I run Xalan, it tooks about
8 sec to initialize and 15 sec to transform.

xsltproc transform it ok with speed 4-5 times faster than XalanC.
Parsing/transforming time is about 1:1 (3 and 4 seconds)

xml size=17MB
XalanC transforms it ok, but speed is 4-5 times slower than xsltproc.
Parsing/transforming times are 20/60 sec.

But xsltproc initialization tooks very long time (after 5 minutes I
have killed that process).

So, I can't use xsltproc to transform big xml files (and our project
need to transform up to 300-400MB xml files) and can't use XalanC
because low transforming speed.

Anybody can help me?

--

Dusan Zatkovsky