[xsl] copy without duplicates

Subject: [xsl] copy without duplicates
From: Henning Waack <henning.waack@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:18:48 +0100
Dear all.

I have the following problem. I have a XML-file which needs to be copied as it is, except, that each element must occur only once! Normally I would use the grouping-mechanism to do this. But I have a special problem, please take a look at my input:

input.xml:

<elements>
	<a/>
	<b/>
	<link location="extern1.xml"/>
	<c/>
	<a/>
	<link location="extern2.xml"/>
	<b/>
	<e/>
</elements>

extern1.xml:

<elements>
	<a/>
	<f/>
</elements>

extern2.xml:

<elements>
	<g/>
	<f/>
</elements>

So the input document references two more documents, which should be processed and copied to the result, too. The result should be:

<elements>
	<a/>
	<b/>
	<f/>
	<c/>
	<g/>
	<e/>
</element>

Is it possible to do this with XSLT 1.0 in one stylesheet? I have already a two-stylesheet-solution, but one stylesheet would be nicer.

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Greetings,

Henning.