Re: [xsl] namespaces in xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespaces in xslt
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:31:48 +0530
Hi,
        I see where I am going wrong. Maybe I need give more thought before
coming to the list for help.

Sorry.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    omprakash.v@pol
                    aris.co.in             To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                           cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    04/01/2005             Subject:     [xsl] namespaces in xslt
                    05:24 PM
                    Please respond
                    to xsl-list

Hi,
        Iam having diffculty following what's happening:

I have xml like this

<th>
<root>
<slideshow xmlns="urn:hl7-org/v3" title="Sample Slide Show" date="Date of
publication" author="Yours Truly">
</slideshow>
</root>
</th>

And my xsl:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns="urn:hl7-org/v3" >

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

   <xsl:template match="/">

     <xsl:for-each select="//root/*[1]">
     <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()">
          <xsl:with-param name="rootnode" select="$rootnode"/>
     </xsl:apply-templates>
     </xsl:copy>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

When I select //own:root/*[1] in the <xsl:for-each>,  I get the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

but when I make it //root/*[2], I get nothing. But if you see, the
slideshow is really at position 2 so I need to use 2.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is
sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in