Re: [xsl] How do I change a XSL style sheet to group data together under one heading

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I change a XSL style sheet to group data together under one heading
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 19:37:17 +0200
kieters c wrote:

Good day,

Thank you for the information. I have changed it accordingly and nothing seems to happen. I have checked to see if I did everything, checked for any inconsistancies like an extra bracket but still nothing happened. I replace every instance of "sample_date_time" with "concat(sample_date_time, cp_name)".

<!-- match the sample's that are grouped -->
<xsl:template match="sample">
<result>
<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(self::concat(sample_date_time, cp_name))]" />
</result>
</xsl:template>

I looked at it again and I saw this strange construct in the apply-templates above, which is likely your problem.

This cannot possibly compile. It is a compile time error to have an axis specification (self::) followed by anything other than a node or node name. I'm still wondering what you meant with "nothing", as you must have had an error at the very least. If you use a running environment where you don't see any errors, I highly recommend you to choose one that does (the commandline itself can be very helpful).

The original code looked as follows. Leave it as that and you should be fine (there was nothing to replace there, because there was no key):

<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(self::sample_date_time)]" />

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma