Re: PDFJadeTeX Memory problems [& other stuff!]

Subject: Re: PDFJadeTeX Memory problems [& other stuff!]
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:51:10 +0000 (GMT)
Thomas Andre Berger writes:
 > install it.  But I don't know all the different TeX-distribution and
 > the differences between them.

the only variations in TeX systems are to do with how you call up IniTeX

 > Almost, there are still some troublespots left.  Tables are not fully
 > supported
this is a major bugbear.

 >  and very long "literal" elements (<filename>) do not get a
 > line break in the running text, making them flow way out of the right
 > margin.

thats a hyphenation issue. how do i know the <filename> is not just
another word?

 > But there are no active maintainers of jadetex anymore.  At least not
 > that I'm aware of.  If I'm wrong, please say so!

I am the author, and while I am not active, I am not dead. I read this
list and am willing to try and help with problems. But not, I am
afraid, with writing installation manuals. This is because a) I am too
close to the subject (I have been a TeX installer since 1985), and b)
the TeX installation I supply (TeX Live) has jadetex as
standard. Badger your TeX supplier to have it set up by default.

Sebastian