[Monthly Archives] [List Home]

[ernie] The Electronic Recruiting News In Email_010118

IBN: Defining Excellence in Electronic Recruiting
  John Sumser's
  Electronic Recruiting News

interbiznet.com

E R N I E
Electronic Recruiting News In Email

Our Rate Card

S P O N S O R S

Click Here!

Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors

Click On Our Sponsors
Reach The 25,000 Recruiters and HR Managers Who Read This Newsletter Each Week

Find out more
About IBN
Got a news tip?

Got a news tip?
Tell us at
news@
interbiznet.com

Our Rate Card

Articles

Presentations

Trends Reports

Archives

Resume
Databases

(Over 60)

Company Job Listings
(Over 4000)

Email to IBN

Suggestions?

It is better
to not be on
the web than
to be on and
not know why

John Sumser

Reality
is more
complex
than
it seems.
John Gall

It's better to
do a few things
really well than
than to do
a lot of things
badly.
If you can't
make the necessary
commitments of
time and energy
to your
electronic
marketing
efforts
scale back
your plan.
John Sumser

All material in this
email is the
property of IBN
(The Internet
Business Network:
interbiznet.com)
You may download
a copy for personal
use. Redistribution
without permission
is strictly
prohibited.
All material in
this email is
© 1995 - 2000 by IBN

Go Home
OUR HOME

The Electronic Recruiting News is a Free Daily Newsletter For Recruiters, HR Managers, Advertising Agencies and Clasified Advertising Operations

To subscribe or unsubscribe from ERNIE, please use the form on the linked page.

Yabba Dabba Doo

(January 19, 2001) We like the tag line used by Munder (an investment firm) in their TV commercials. After talking about how smart they were to invest in TMP, the screen fills with "we focus on companies that Get It". While we aren't always sure who gets it, it's pretty easy to see who doesn't.

Fresh from the press release factory in Noclue, Idaho, the Association of Executive Search Consultants

(really old timers will recall how big the battle was to introduce a code of ethics into the field), has announced the launch of BlueSteps, a pay to join database for executives. Noting that this is a "global" database, the system pries pocket change from executives for the privilege of being viewed by headhunters.
Executive Profile allows you to enter your summary career information into BlueSteps global database (a process that should take no longer than ten minutes) thereby providing the essential information against which AESC firms can search according to the needs of a particular assignment.In addition you are invited to submit your full resume or curriculum vitae as an attachment to your profile to provide additional information to search consultants when necessary.

You can rest assured that, once your career details are entered into our global database, they will never be shown to a hiring corporation without you having been contacted to first discuss the opportunity in question and to obtain your consent to proceed. Your details will also be completely protected from direct access by corporations and by recruiting firms that are not members of the AESC.

Posting your profile is a long-term investment. That is why you will only be charged a one-time fee of $100. As long as you continue to update your career information on an annual basis then your profile will remain in BlueSteps for as long as the service is in operation.

My goodness, a system that allows you to enter career information and attachments confidentially! Protection from corporations and by recruiting firms that are not members of the AESC. Why, it's Back To The Future with a racketeering twist.

We can imagine the planning meeting that spawned this bizarre entry:

"Uh, hey. This web thing might last."
"You know, my wife is learning web design."
"What if we got us a web page tingie with a database."
"Uh, hey, no one else is charging job hunters, we could make one beeelion dollars and have an IPO"
"I wanna be the webmaster"
"No, I was first"

There is a reason that one of the few non-internet sectors to under perform the NASDAQ over the past year is the Recruiting and Staffing Segment. While our New Era Recruiting Index lost nearly 20% of its value, the staffing sector tumbled by twice as much. The hint: Inventory is expensive, the tide has shifted, candidates are compensated for joining databases, costs are up, results are down.

The good news for BlueSteps is that they are certain to win this year's Flintstone award for best stone age headhunting mindset. Yabba Dabba Doo.

- John Sumser

Industry Analysis
Contacting Us:
Call, fax, write, email. We'd love to talk about your project.

All material on this site is © 1995 - 2000 by IBN: interbiznet.com
(The Internet Business Network), 346 Starling Rd., Mill Valley, CA 94941
415.380.8244
staff@interbiznet.com

To Subscribe or Unsubscribe From the ERNIE...
Enter email:
Enter name:

     FEATURES:

  • Interbiznet Trends (New)