[Monthly Archives] [List Home]

[ernie] The Electronic Recruiting News In Email_010511

IBN: Defining Excellence in Electronic Recruiting
Click Here!
John Sumser's
Electronic Recruiting News

interbiznet.com

E R N I E
Electronic Recruiting News In Email

Our Rate Card

S P O N S O R S

Click Here!
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Reach The 25,000 Recruiters and HR Managers Who Read This Newsletter Each Week
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors
Click On Our Sponsors

Find out more
About IBN
Got a news tip?
Tell us at
news@
interbiznet.com

Our Rate Card

Articles

Presentations

Trends Reports

Archives

Resume
Databases

(Over 60)

Company Job Listings
(Over 4000)

Suggestions?

OUR HOME

The Electronic Recruiting News is a Free Daily Newsletter For Recruiters, HR Managers, Advertising Agencies and Clasified Advertising Operations

To subscribe or unsubscribe from ERNIE, please use the form on the linked page.

Cary Smith

(May 11, 2001) Okay, so we love Austin. Home to Hire.com, 45 Million bats and the best damn music in the country, the little tech oasis almost survives the fact that it is in Texas. It's also home to Cary Smith, one of the few really promising thinkers in our business.

Cary's website, thetalentofficer.com ought to hit your bookmark lists immediately. Although the material is in its early phases of development, we've seen some of the rest of Cary's thinking. He really is pioneering the theoretical infrastructure of the Human Capital Inventory Management business.

To make such a system work, on a company by company basis, a huge number of terms need to be defined, an outrageous bunch of math needs to be created and a lot of measurement ideas need to be implemented. Hardly a small chore, developing the theoretical infrastructure is a grungy, detail oriented occupation. (We should know.)

His article on Talent Supply Metrics covers:
  • Cost per Candidate (CPC),
  • Quality per Source (QPS), and
  • Return on Relationship (ROR)
His article on Talent Supply Management covers the following five points:
  • Understand supply and demand then tailor the candidate network to the delivery requirements of the company.
  • Specifically adapt talent supply to the demands of the business unit or division.
  • Always source for strategic positions regardless of need.
  • Leverage technology to speed the entire supply chain.
  • Always measure demand and integrate into plan.
Other, as yet unpublished work includes the best thinking we've seen on "lead times" and their relationship to recruiting expense. We're certain that Cary is noodling an overall model of a supply system.

Since there's already a "Michael Jackson" of Recruiting and given that Cary hails from Austin, we'll nominate him to be the "Lyle Lovett" of Recruiting.

- John Sumser

    FULL INTRODUCTORY TRIAL from JobBankUSA.com

    JobBankUSA.com is currently offering this introductory trial
    to interbiznet readers.

    Try Out Our:

       - Resume Database     - Job Broadcaster
       - Resume SearchStation     - Job Posting Service
       - Resume Spider     - Resume agents
        - Ad Distribution Network and reporting features

    Visit JobBankUSA.com Today!

    For more information call (904) 491-1771.

    JobBankUSA.com is a SearchHound.com Company.
    Stock Symbol (SRHN)

Contacting Us:
Call, fax, write, email. We'd love to talk about your project.

All material on this site is © 1995 - 2001 by IBN: interbiznet.com
(The Internet Business Network), 346 Starling Rd., Mill Valley, CA 94941
415.380.8244
staff@interbiznet.com

To Subscribe to the ERNIE...
Enter email: