Re: Jade and hyperdocuments

Subject: Re: Jade and hyperdocuments
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:43:35 -0900
At 10:42 AM 4/22/97 -0400, David Megginson wrote:
>W. Eliot Kimber writes:

>In other words, you will be able to use this primitive to parse an
>SGML document or subdocument and get the root node.  As far as I can
>tell by reading the source, Jade is entirely capable of dealing with
>multiple groves already, except that someone would need to write a
>class to build the grove.

What does "write a class to build the grove" mean in terms of actual
effort? I assume by "class" you mean "C++ class to add to Jade class
library".  If so, is this something ISOGEN could do as a contribution? What
sort of skill and/or level of effort would it require?  As you can imagine,
I want this functionality pretty bad.  I might even be willing to bring my
very rusty C++ experience out of mothballs (but it wouldn't be pretty).

Cheers,

E.