Re: Jade for HTML

Subject: Re: Jade for HTML
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:27:34 -0400
Christopher Walsh wrote:
> The file foobar is actually created, and it's contents are correct,
> but Jade produces the following error:
>
> runtime error R6025
> - pure virtual function call
>
> Is it a bug in Jade perhaps?

That's a bug in Jade. That's an error message from the C++ runtime. It
is meaningless as a DSSSL error. On the other hand, sometimes when you
find a bug in Jade that causes a crash or C++ error like that it could
because you are doing something that James didn't test and the reason he
didn't test it is because it is illegal. So you should try the latest
version, report the bug to James and then look around if there is
something obvious you can fix to get your stylesheet working.

When you report the bug to James, send him as small an example as
possible of the problem. Narrowing it down to a small problem is a time
consuming exercise that is best done by the users of Jade so that James
can concentrate on the actual bug fix and new features. My technique for
doing this is to try to remove one line, function or other "chunk" of
code in the program at a time to see if it still displays the error. If
it does, I save a backup copy and reduce another line. If it doesn't, I
will maintain the error.

 Paul Prescod