page-sequence and column-set-sequence

Subject: page-sequence and column-set-sequence
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:12:38 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry you didn't get a reply before this, but things have been busy.

At 26 May 1997 12:32 +0200, Fabienne.CLAVERIE@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 > In my essai.dsl I use a simple page-sequence feature but I think I have to
 > use
 > page-sequence feature in order to insert area and column-set-sequence flow
 > objects which seems impossible with a simple page sequence feature.My problem
 > is that I don't know where I need to specify new features. Is it in my .dsl
 > document?

column-set-sequence and page-sequence are among the flow object
classes "that need not be supported in applications claiming to
minimally conform to the DSSSL Online application profile", and they
are not supported by Jade.

 > In the.dsl document I specify the use of the standard "style-sheet.dtd"
 > because if I change it for the "dsssl.dtd" I receive an error message saying
 > that my document doesn't have dssslarchitecture as a base architecture.Is it
 > possible to use the standard style-sheet.dtd when I need a page sequence
 > feature in my .dsl file.

dsssl.dtd defines the DSSSL architectural forms, and style-sheet.dtd
references dsssl.dtd as part of declaring its base architecture.

Your problem with page-sequence isn't with style-sheet.dtd but with
the present capabilities of Jade or with the present minimum
requirements of dsssl-o.

 > In fact, in the beginning I have three documents.
 >
 > essai.dtd which contains the declaration SGML and DTD
 > essai.sgm containing the instance
 > essai.dsl describing the desired format.
 >
 > Is this really correct?

Yes.  It is about the simplest arrangement you can get (unless you put
the DTD and the instance in one file).

Regards,

Tony Graham